Friday, March 4, 2011

My Humpty Hump is Gone!

When I started gaining my weight, I never really paid attention to it.  I don’t know how, but it seems like one day, I was thin, energetic and happy and the next day I was over three hundred pounds, fat, and miserable and asking the question, “how did I get this way”?  I don’t know.  But, one thing that literally grew on me besides my weight was this hump on my booty!  I HATED it!  No matter what I did, the hump stayed there.  It never moved.  In fact, my mother jokingly called the hump and my booty “shelter from the storm!”

While being on this journey with Dr. Andrea, I think I told you that I didn’t want to stay in the states to complete this amazing adventure.  I wanted to travel to different countries and I’m doing that.  For the New Year, I had the opportunity to travel to France to work on me.  Discover different parts of the world, learn more about me and work on my physical attributes.  In France, I was able to visit Nice, Monaco and St. John Cap Ferrat.  First, let me tell you, as a single woman, Monaco is calling my name to have a 2nd home.  That place is absolutely incredible!  Dr. Andrea, Dr. Mike Dow and I practically walked that entire little city and every aching step of a 300 pound woman appreciated every minute of that walk!  It was gorgeous.  The architecture, the food, the scenery, the dwelling of Princess Grace, the church where she was married and buried was breath taking.  Every adventure we embarked upon, we walked.  The only time we traveled by car or train was to go to and from different cities.

In the midst of my travels, I never really focused on the fact that I was losing weight.  I say this because before my adventure to France, Dr. Andrea had me on a medical food plan called Medifast.  It’s an amazing weight loss food plan, not a diet.  If you’re interested in losing weight and learning how to eat better for life, this is a great beginning.  When I first left for France, there had been a really bad snow storm on the East Coast which made my flights a bit hectic.  I missed a connecting flight to Nice from New York, so I had to fly to Paris instead.  The airline misplaced my bags during the journey and in my bags was all of my Medifast food, so while I was in France the 1st week, I had to go back to just eating regular healthy foods.  I thought all the weight that I lost previously with Medifast was going to slow down or come back.  But, what I began to notice is that with the walking all over France, I was continuing to lose weight.  In fact, when I stepped out of the shower, there was this gigantic mirror from floor to ceiling in the bathroom, so you couldn't miss ANYTHING.  I noticed that the hump, the “shelter from the storm” was diminishing very quickly!  Really!  I started dancing naked in the bathroom!   I couldn’t believe what I saw!  My hump was finally leaving me! 

It may not seem very symbolic to the average person, but to me and to all of those other women out there who may have humps on the booty, you know what I’m talking about!  Putting on a pair of “granny panties” that would fit your booty and your hump!  Trying on those jeans you’ve wanted to try on for so long and as you get them up on your booty, you start smiling thinking they’re going to fit, but then you struggle to get them up over the hump and realize that they really don’t fit.  Or, the worst, wearing a cute shirt and then having to bend over because you dropped something or have to tie your shoes and that shirt just flies up on your back and exposes the hump!  Ugh! 

For years, I would stand in the mirror dreaming about how I could go and get an ax and just chop the hump off of my booty.  Or, get one of those machines that we saw growing up in the 70’s in the television show, “The Three Stooges” where they could wrap a cloth rope around your back and press a button and you just stood there while the rope would shake your fat away!  Either way, the hump was leaving! 

Now, since I’ve been back in the states and working out with my trainer, Stephan Atkins, owner of True Definition Fitness, he’s had me jogging – me – jogging – for the 1st time in 20 years!  When I look in the mirror now, guess what, the hump is GONE!!!!  YES!!!

Don’t get me wrong, I have long way to go.  The booty is still big, but at least I don’t have the hump to haunt me anymore!  Can I get a Amen?!!!!!


1 comment:

  1. Hey Cuz, Yes, I do know about the hump. Unfortunately for us, that hump runs in the family. But like you, I am working on getting rid of not only the hump in my trunk, but the melons on my chest. I am so proud of you and all that you are doing. Please know that you have my full support, enouragement, prayers, and most of all love. Please keep me informed about your progress. I would love to hear how you are doing and give you any encouraging words that I can. Stay strong, and remember doing your journey, keep God first in all you do for only He can carry you through, the good as well as the bad.I love you much my beautiful cousin. God Bless, Maria

    ReplyDelete